ADSM-L

Sharing a Library @ Off-Site DR

2003-02-21 11:52:18
Subject: Sharing a Library @ Off-Site DR
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:46:20 -0600
We will be going to Sungaurd soon restoring two TSM servers (one AIX one SUN)
using one 3494-library.  Wouldn't I just modify the device.config to look at
the same library name for both servers?  The issue I for see is that TSM Serve
A has always know about library A but Server B is use to backing up to Lib B.
When I configure Serv B to See and use Library A will there be a problem that
the TSM DB for Serv B in its libvol table only knows about lib A and not Lib B?

I hope that made sense.

Regards,

Charles