ADSM-L

Re: Newbie question about Space Reclamation

2003-02-19 13:16:29
Subject: Re: Newbie question about Space Reclamation
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:34:48 -0800
In looking at the output of the "q mount" I see the ~waiting~ and
remembered...
often if a tape encounters errors upon being mounted, recovery work will be
performed on the tape automatically (triggered by the drive) and it will
show ~waiting on mount~ until the drive gets through with it (or at least
with 3590's I've seen this)
It might be that the tape is actually in a drive but hasn't ~officially~
been mounted yet.
I don't know if LTO tapes have all the VCR information on them like a 3590
does but if so, you might be seeing this mount pause while the system
attempts to fix problems that the drive has discovered...

Dwight