ADSM-L

Re: improving performance on solaris 2.8

2003-02-17 03:35:46
Subject: Re: improving performance on solaris 2.8
From: Christian Pallinder <christian.pallinder AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:19:25 +0100
How about setting diskmap to yes. I think this is lowers the IOwait alot.

-----------------------------------
Christian Pallinder
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 Täby
Mobil: +46 (0)70 - 399 27 58

Paul Ripke <stixpjr AT BIGPOND.NET DOT AU>
2003-02-14 12:30

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:

We found a similar improvement moving dbvols, logvols and disk storage
pool volumes to VXVM raw devices - running both Solaris 7 and Solaris 8.

--
Paul Ripke
Unix/OpenVMS/TSM/DBA