ADSM-L

Re: OS390 TSM Performance questions.

2003-02-15 01:49:58
Subject: Re: OS390 TSM Performance questions.
From: Paul Ripke <stixpjr AT BIGPOND.NET DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 22:53:59 +1100
On Friday, Feb 14, 2003, at 19:44 Australia/Sydney, PAC Brion Arnaud
wrote:

Hi all,

I followed your discussion with much interest, as I'm suffering from
huge performance problem problem too. Unfortunately I'm not under
OS390,
but using AIX 4.3.3 : could someone tell me if there is some some trick
like this one, that should be considered, when using this OS ?

Is the system paging, by any chance?
When we were running TSM on AIX, we needed to do the following to
prevent
the AIX file/VM cache from paging out TSM (as must be done on any SAP
database server):
/usr/samples/kernel/vmtune -p 5 -P 8

Another thing that annoys me : using "show memu SHORT" on my server
(TSM
4.2.3.1) returns : ANR2000E Unknown command - SHOW MEMU
Could it be that this command is only available for OS390 TSM version ?

I'm guessing so.

--
Paul Ripke
Unix/OpenVMS/TSM/DBA