ADSM-L

Re: auditdb: how to estimate number of records?

2003-02-14 09:21:45
Subject: Re: auditdb: how to estimate number of records?
From: Carsten Moldrup <cmoldrup AT CSC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:05:32 +0100
Hi Paul,

I have just completed unloaddb/loaddb of 2 db's. Before i unloaded the
first one, i did a ' select sum(num_files) from occupancy' in order to
establish some point of measuring. It returned about 94 million files. I
then ran the unloaddb - and it udloaded about 250 million db-entries. The
second server had an occupancy of about 54 million files. I then calculated
that this server migth have in the area of 145 million db entries. When i
ran the unloaddb it showed 165 million db entries. Offcourse the number of
db entries is not only a matter of the number of files it holds but it is
for sure the major part of it.

Regards,
Carsten Moldrup

                      "Kolling, Paul"
                      <Paul.Kolling            To:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                      @IZB.DE>                 cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject: auditdb: how to
estimate number of records?
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager" <ADSM-L

                      14-02-03 12:13
                      Please respond
                      to "ADSM: Dist
                      Stor Manager"

Hi list!

I have a auditdb just now running on a test-machine.
I can see a lot of lines telling me how much database entries have been
processed.

two questions:
1) Is there a possibility to estimate how much database entries there will
be finally?
2) Why is that number of database entries so much bigger than the number
    of objects the expiration process reports?

Thanks in advance

best regards
Paul