ADSM-L

Tivoli pubs email address evaporated

2003-02-13 10:48:04
Subject: Tivoli pubs email address evaporated
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:44:12 -0500
Could someone in IBM/Tivoli fix this gross error...

The front of each TSM manual says to send feedback to  pubs AT tivoli DOT com
I tried that twice this morning and got:

  ... while talking to smtp2.tivoli.com.:
  >>> RCPT To:<pubs AT tivoli DOT com>
  <<< 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
  550 pubs AT tivoli DOT com... User unknown

This was manually verified:

  10:12:07 acsn05 [~] nc smtp2.tivoli.com 25
  220 smtp2.tivoli.com ESMTP
  helo foobar
  250 smtp2.tivoli.com
  mail from: <rbs AT bu DOT edu>
  250 ok
  rcpt to: <pubs AT tivoli DOT com>
  553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
  quit
  221 smtp2.tivoli.com

This obviously needs to be investigated by Tivoli, both to fix it and find out
what procedures are awry to allow such a thing to happen.

  thanks, Richard Sims, Boston University Office of Information Technology