ADSM-L

Re: System Objects and Cleanup Backupgroups

2003-02-13 09:48:05
Subject: Re: System Objects and Cleanup Backupgroups
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:46:48 -0500
I think the "doc" is in the readme for the 4.2.3.x server releases. It
recommends going to the latest 4.2.3.x patch to get all the fixes. I ran
mine originally on a 4.2.3.2 server level and it all worked fine. Took
14-hours, but then it's a small server. We have since moved to 4.2.3.3 patch
level due to a crash problem on AIX. I would recommend going to the latest
4.2.3.3 level. Don't know if it'll improve your performance, but you can
cancel the process and it'll restart pretty much where it left off.

Bill Boyer
"I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere." - ???