ADSM-L

Re: journal errors - return code 121 \\.\pipe\jnl

2003-02-11 09:39:40
Subject: Re: journal errors - return code 121 \\.\pipe\jnl
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:18:04 -0500
This error occurs when the journal daemon process attempts to send a
response on a named pipe provided by
a backup client process and the pipe no longer exists or isn't valid.

This can happen if the backup process/session ends or closes the pipe
before the journal daemon
sends or is finished sending the response or in some cases when the journal
daemon is shutting down and
cleaning up resources.

By itself the error is innocuous but I understand it is annoying to see
error messages in the log which can't
be explained.

Hope this helps ....

Pete Tanenhaus
Tivoli Storage Solutions Software Development
email: tanenhau AT us.ibm DOT com
tieline: 320.8778, external: 607.754.4213

"Those who refuse to challenge authority are condemned to conform to it"

---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on

"Magura, Curtis" <curtis.magura AT LMCO DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 02/11/2003
06:49:34 AM

Sent by:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>