ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.1.5 B/A Client and Netware 6

2003-02-07 17:26:44
Subject: Re: TSM 5.1.5 B/A Client and Netware 6
From: Tommy Templeton <tommy.templeton AT MMRS.STATE.MS DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:25:52 -0600
We recently migrated to Netware 6 our only server running netware. We've not
been able to backup that server for about a week now. I tried to reinstall
the 5.1.5 .0  B/A client again and I am still getting these errors:

02/07/03 16:04:30     ANR9999D smnode.c(6243): ThreadId<27> Error receiving
                       EventLog Verb -  invalid data type, 29793, received
for
                       event number 4959 from node (NetWare)MMRSSERV.
02/07/03 16:04:30     ANR9999D smnode.c(6243): ThreadId<27> Error receiving
                       EventLog Verb -  invalid data type, 29793, received
for
                       event number 4961 from node (NetWare)MMRSSERV.

(BTW - we are running TSM server version 4.2.1.9 on an RS 6000) . We are
trying to get the cd for version 5 (base level) but we are having a few
challanges with vendors etc.

Here is a correspondence with TSM support that I recently had.

Tommy,

I did some research and think I found the problem. The resolution will
require an upgrade of the TSM server to 5.1.5. This problem should be
resolved in APAR IC34288. Here is excerpt from the APAR.

TSM server 5.1.0.2 has shown to core dump (abend) when passed an
invalid data type 21300 as and EventLog Verb from the client.
.
Traceback:
.
0x0000000100A4DA44  pkFreeTracked

0x0000000100765F94  SmDoEventLog
0x0000000100761F9C  SmNodeSession
0x00000001007ACA90  SmSchedSession
0x000000010073FE20  HandleNodeSession
0x00000001007401CC  DoNodeSched
0x000000010073D1B4  smExecuteSession
0x000000010007C194  SessionThread
0x000000010006C2FC  StartThread
0xFFFFFFFF7EB1F8A0  *UNKNOWN*
0x000000010006C1DC  StartThread
.
Actlog:
.
ANR9999D smnode.c(6566): ThreadId<66> Error receiving EventLog
Verb - invalid data type, 21300, received for event number 4987
from node (WinNT) <nodename>
.
LOCAL FIX:
None.  However the invalid EventLog Verb being sent has been

shown in some cases to be the result of an improperly installed
windows client.  If the windows client has been upgraded from
a prior major release (such as 4.1 or 4.2) to a current release
but the system has not been rebooted following the upgrade
the invalid data type may be the result.  A reboot of the
client system will sometimes clear this problem.

What level of TSM server do you have installed? I would upgrade to 5.1.5.0
if your version of TSM is not at this level or higher.

Steve Runyon ,
Tivoli Privacy Manager &
Tivoli Certified Firewall L2 Software Engineer
(919) 254-8751 - Bld660/EE105
srunyon AT us.ibm DOT com