ADSM-L

Re: TSM for Oracle

2003-02-07 12:56:11
Subject: Re: TSM for Oracle
From: Kolbeinn Josepsson <Kolbeinn.Josepsson AT NYHERJI DOT IS>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 17:52:19 +0000
I forgot your case, AIX 4.3.3:

>From the IBM web, TDPO 2.2.1 supports "Oracle 9i 9.0.1 or later (64-bit)"
for AIX 4.3.3 - if I understand right:

Data Protection for Oracle Ver 2.2.1 on AIX
Hardware requirements: RS/6000 or pSeries with 96 MB RAM and 6 MB Disk
space.
Software requirements:
* AIX 4.3.3 (32-bit) or AIX 5.1 (32-bit) for Oracle 8i Release 8.1.7
(32-bit), or Oracle 8i 8.1.7 Parallel Server (32-bit)
* AIX 4.3.3 for Oracle 8i Release 8.1.7 (64-bit), or Oracle 8i Release
8.1.7 Parallel Server (64-bit), or Oracle 9i 9.0.1 or later (64-bit), or
Oracle 9i 9.0.1 or later Real Application Clusters (64-bit)
* AIX 5.1 (32-bit or 64-bit) or AIX 5.2 (32-bit or 64-bit) for Oracle 9i
Release 9.2.0 or later (64-bit) and Oracle 9i Release 9.2.0 or later Real
Application Clusters (64-bit) is available on the web. See the ITSM for
Databases page Self Help Downloads window for the package.
* A Tivoli Storage Manager server
* Tivoli Storage Manager API V4.2.1, or later

best rgds
kolbeinn

__________________

I think it is because Oracle 9.0.1 was probably the highest level at the
time when the installation and user guide was published.

Following is taken from the IBM website
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=666&context=SSTFZR&q=oracle&uid=swg21066380:

Data Protection for Oracle Ver 2.2.1 on HP-UX
Hardware requirements: HP 9000 series 700 or 800 workstation with 96 MB RAM
and 6 MB Disk space.
Software requirements:
* HP-UX 11.0 (32-bit or 64-bit) or 11i (32-bit or 64-bit)
* Oracle8i Release 8.1.7, or Oracle8i 8.1.7 Parallel Server, or Oracle9i
9.0.1 or later, or Oracle9i 9.0.1 Real Application Clusters or later
* Tivoli Storage Manager server
* Tivoli Storage Manager API Version 4.2.1, or later

It states "Oracle9i 9.0.1 or later"

Best regards,
Kolbeinn

                      shekhar Dhotre
                      <Shekhar.Dhotre@LENDLE         To:      ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      ASEREI.COM>                    cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM: Dist           Subject: Re: TSM for Oracle
                      Stor Manager"
                      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                      07.02.2003 17:14
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

>As I understand the reply from Neil Rasmussen, Oracle 9.2.x is supported
at
>TDPO 2.2.1 with exeption for AIX 5 64bit where you need the (TDP) 5.1.5.

Not true :

Tivoli Data Protection for
Oracle for UNIX
Installation and User's Guide
Version 2 Release 2.1

Preface
Tivoli Data Protection for Oracle performs online or offline backups of
Oracle8i
(Version 8.1.7) and Oracle9i (Version 9.0.1) databases to Tivoli Storage
Manager
storage. This integration with the RMAN Media Management API maximizes the
protection of data, thus providing a comprehensive storage management
solution.

Thank You

Shekhar Dhotre.
Sr.Midrange Engineer.
Lend Lase , GSDC.
PH:  1+404-846-7483

Kolbeinn Josepsson <Kolbeinn.Josepsson AT NYHERJI DOT IS>
02/07/2003 11:59 AM