ADSM-L

Re: Inclexcl not picking up Management Class

2003-02-07 11:41:54
Subject: Re: Inclexcl not picking up Management Class
From: Kolbeinn Josepsson <Kolbeinn.Josepsson AT NYHERJI DOT IS>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:42:40 +0000
Hi John,

"dsmc q inclexcl" will only show the incude exclude parameters, not mgmt
class parameter. You can see if file is bound to the mgmt class using the
GUI, in the backup view, right-click the mouse on the file. To see if it is
backed up bound to this mgmt class, use the restore view. Remember to
stop/start the scheduler after you change the inclexcl or dsm.opt file.

Best regards,
Kolbeinn Josepsson - Systems Engineer
Tivoli Certified Consultant - IBM TSM V5.1
www.nyherji.is

                      John Naylor
                      <john.naylor@SCOTTISH-SOUT         To:      ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      HERN.CO.UK>                        cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor          Subject: Inclexcl not
picking up Management Class
                      Manager"
                      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                      07.02.2003 15:54
                      Please respond to "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor Manager"

Hi All,
I have an annoying problem
Hopefully the Doc will be able to fix me up
Seriously, I need  to make a particular drive  in a WINNT client use large
capacity tapes for its backups
I have a management class "LARGE" which does this and works for other
clients in
this domain
For this particular client, however we code the option file and we have
tried a
lot of variations
it insists on seeing this line per query inclexcl  :-
include  d:*    large
as
include d:/.../*

I know the line is being read because the query incl/excl shows it in a
different position if I move it around in the options file.

The full options file follows:-

  PASSWORDACCESS    GENERATE
TCPSERVERADDRESS    IBMBK
NODENAME  BOXWA009
schedmode prompted
DOMAIN         c: D: E: L:
include d:*    large
Exclude.File "e:\pagefile.sys"
EXCLUDE.DIR "c:\temp"
EXCLUDE.DIR "c:\Program Files\Sophos SWEEP for NT"
EXCLUDE.DIR "c:\Documents And Settings"
EXCLUDE.FILE "c:\WINNT\system32\config\default"
EXCLUDE.FILE "c:\WINNT\system32\config\default.log"
EXCLUDE.FILE "c:\WINNT\system32\config\sam"
EXCLUDE.FILE "c:\WINNT\system32\config\sam.log"
EXCLUDE.FILE "c:\WINNT\system32\config\security"
EXCLUDE.FILE "c:\WINNT\system32\config\security.log"
EXCLUDE.FILE "c:\WINNT\system32\config\software"
EXCLUDE.FILE "c:\WINNT\system32\config\software.log"
EXCLUDE.FILE "c:\WINNT\system32\config\system"
EXCLUDE.FILE "c:\WINNT\system32\config\system.alt"
EXCLUDE.FILE "c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmsched.log"
EXCLUDE.FILE "c:\WINNT\system32\dns\dns.log"
EXCLUDE.FILE "c:\WINNT\system32\PERFLIB_*.*"

Thanks for any input,
John

The information in this E-Mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It may not represent the views of Scottish and Southern
Energy plc.
It is intended solely for the addressees. Access to this E-Mail by
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted
Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of
the error in transmission.

Scottish Hydro-Electric, Southern Electric, SWALEC and S+S
are trading names of the Scottish and Southern Energy Group.