ADSM-L

Three copies of backup data

2003-02-07 10:36:28
Subject: Three copies of backup data
From: Mario Behring <mariobehring AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 07:35:52 -0800
Hi list,

I have a TSM Server running on a W2K Server machine. The tape library is a IBM
3590, non automated, with two drives. The drives are connected to the TSM
Server through SCSI interfaces (one interface for each drive).

What I need is this: I want to do each incremental backup on three different
tapes, so I can store these tapes in different places. The tapes contents
should be identical.

How is the best way to accomplish this ?

I was thinking about creating a diskstorage pool (today all backup/archive
operations are direct to tape), execute the backup operations to disk and
afterwards copy it to the tapes ..... Anyway, my goal is to have three copies
for each incremental backup made. I must consider the two drives library and my
backup window.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Mario Behring