ADSM-L

1st Time LAN Free UNIX Client-TSM 5.1.6

2003-02-05 15:57:07
Subject: 1st Time LAN Free UNIX Client-TSM 5.1.6
From: Gene Willis <Gene.Willis AT ALLTELMD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:59:29 -0500
Hi TSM Folks,

Need help.. I am bring up my first Sun Solaris 8 client into a SAN
environment. I will be backing up and restoring over the SAN to tape. I
have installed all the packages I think I need and now have to define the
paths for the tape drives to the storage agent on the TSM server.
Not being a UNIX wiz, I need to determine what the library and drive names
are. I know the LUN and SCSI ids which are seen by the JNI fibre card.  As
usual the Storage Agent User's guide gives you enough to get in trouble.
Can anyone point me in the right direction.

A humble Windows person

Gene Willis
ALLTEL Information Services
Jacksonville, Florida