ADSM-L

Re: upgrade to TSM 5.1 from TSM 4.1

2003-02-05 07:23:41
Subject: Re: upgrade to TSM 5.1 from TSM 4.1
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 06:23:36 -0600
What were these "Clean Up Commands"?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle Payne [mailto:payne AT BERBEE DOT COM]
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 3:05 PM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

If this was already posted then sorry but...
We are upgrading to the latest version of V4.X first.  Then run the
cleanup backupgroups command.  Then upgrade to V5.1 base and then
finally to V5.1.6.1.  Running the cleanup command is supposed to reduce
the time needed to upgrade the DB.  Also, stay away from V5.1.5.  Per
APARS the upgrade DB on V5.1.5 takes excessively long and that time was
reduce by changes made in V5.1.6.

Kyle