ADSM-L

Lanfree restores using -server and -virtualnodename

2003-02-05 05:15:27
Subject: Lanfree restores using -server and -virtualnodename
From: Rodney clark <Rodney.Clark AT INGBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:12:15 -0000
in our current LAN client TSM infra we have two server PROD TEST and often a
TEST client will restore data from a PROD node from the PROD TSM server.
The client is started using -server and -virtualnodename , all is well.

In the near future we may be moving to LAN free clients and the two sites
will be physically separated 100 Km's.
With little  LAN bandwidth between the two.
And we are curious as to whether teh LAN free client can handle such a
setup. Assuming that we  define all the drives needed for the LAN free
client.

regards Rodney Clark