ADSM-L

Backup to client local media?

2003-02-03 13:51:06
Subject: Backup to client local media?
From: "Levinson, Donald A." <dlevinso AT ACSALASKA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 09:09:49 -0900
Does anyone know of a way to have TSM backup to client local media instead
of the server? This would be similar to Legato's Storage Node.
I have a SQL server that is on the other side of a T1 and has about 7GB of
data in addition to about 9GB of files. It has a Dat DDS-3 drive and I don't
want to have to buy a complete tape library and TSM server to protect it.
I'd rather keep the backup management centralized.

Thanks in advance.
Don Levinson

This transmittal may contain confidential information intended solely for
the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this transmittal in error; any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal is strictly
us immediately by reply or by telephone (collect at 907-564-1000) and ask to
speak with the message sender. In addition, please immediately delete this
message and all attachments. Thank you.