ADSM-L

Re: Move nodedata

2003-02-03 07:34:51
Subject: Re: Move nodedata
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:33:41 +0100
Or, you can simply do a new backup stgpool, to your new copy storagepool.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 HÄGERNÄS
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

"Kamp, Bruce" <bkamp AT MHS DOT NET>
2003-02-03 13:03

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Move nodedata

I need to move a couple of nodes from one offsite copy pool to another
offsite copy pool.  I tried using the move nodedata command but It gives
me
the following error:
ANR1719E Storage pool C1_FS_DRMP specified on the MOVE NODEDATA command is
not a
valid pool name or pool type.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

This is the command I was using:  move nodedata tsmserv from=drmpool
to=C1_FS_DRMP TYPE=any

>From reading the help is it my understanding that I can not do this with
the
move nodedata?
If not.  Will this work?
1.  Bind nodes to new management class.
2.  Use move nodedata command to move onsite data to new storage pool.
3.  Use backup stgpool from new onsite storage pool to new offsite copy
storage pool.
4.  This is the step I'm not sure about!  How do I remove the data from
the
old offsite storage pool?

Thanks,
Bruce Kamp
Midrange Systems Analyst II
Memorial Healthcare System
E: bkamp AT mhs DOT net <mailto:bkamp AT mhs DOT net>
P: (954) 987-2020 x4597
F: (954) 985-1404