ADSM-L

Re: Shared Storagetek L180 library

2003-02-03 04:25:41
Subject: Re: Shared Storagetek L180 library
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 10:24:30 +0100
Hi

Yes, you can do this with ACSLS. The L180 doesnt have it's own library
manager. This is why ACSLS is required to share the library. If your going
to dedicate 2 drives to each server, then ACSLS is all you need. If you
want to share the drives dynamically, you also need to install Gresham
EDT-DistribuTape on all TSM servers that will use the L180
library(including Storage Agents).

EDT-DistribuTape will also be needed if you want to use LAN-free
functionality with the L180.

We're not doing this with a L180, but we are doing it with the L700E and
the 9310 libraries. ACSLS is a very good library manager, with a single UI
and a very stable functionality.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 HÄGERNÄS
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

Bill Mansfield <WMansfield AT SOLUTIONTECHNOLOGY DOT COM>
2003-01-31 22:05