ADSM-L

Re: TSM server on Linux

2003-02-01 19:09:40
Subject: Re: TSM server on Linux
From: Stef Coene <stef.coene AT DOCUM DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 01:08:18 +0100
On Saturday 01 February 2003 20:14, Wholey, Joseph (TGA\\MLOL) wrote:
> Thanks Christian,
>
> Anyone else have experience w/ this?
I have the tsm server running on debian 3.0.
I installed the linux-2.4.18.SuSE kernel to get the tsm kernel modules loaded
so I could se my 4mm tape streamer.  Works great.

You can run the tsm server/client on any linux distribution on the i38
platform as long as you use supported kernel if you want to load the tsm
modules to access a tape and/or library.

Stef

--

stef.coene AT docum DOT org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"