ADSM-L

Re: Block Size Problem

2003-01-31 14:12:26
Subject: Re: Block Size Problem
From: Elenara Geraldo <eg.le AT LYCOS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:09:20 -0500
ANR8939E The adapter for tape drive drive name cannot handle the block size
needed to use the volume.

Explanation: The adapter cannot read and write the block size need for the
volume because the MAXIMUMSGLIST parameter of the adapter is set to less
that hex 41.

System Action: The volume will not be mounted in the drive.

User Response: The adapter must be updated to handle a larger block size.
The setting is usually MAXIMUMSGLIST in the Windows registry under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SYSTEM->Current Control Set->Services->{vendor device
name}->Parameters->Device

Please note that "{vendor device name}" should be substituted with the name
of the vendors device. For example, the Qlogic 2200 would use "Ql2200" for
the respective vendor device name.

MAXIMUMSGLIST should be set to hex 41 to work properly with TSM.

For additional information, see the HBA's documentation or contact the
vendor for the HBA.

For additional questions, please contact IBM support.
---
Kind Regards,
Elenara Geraldo
Analyst Support