ADSM-L

OS change, will it cause a full backup?

2003-01-31 11:56:26
Subject: OS change, will it cause a full backup?
From: David Browne <dbrowne AT HUMANA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:48:49 -0500
 Tonight we are doing a migration on a Novell server (node nameLOUDAT4) to
new OS and new hardware.  The migration will be occurring as follows.
The current Novell server (LOUDAT4) is SCSI connected to an EMC symmetrix
and that is where its disk resides.  It is NetWare 4.11.
The destination will be new server hardware running NetWare 5.1.  This
server is fibre connected to the EMC symmetrix.  It will be zoned so that
it can see the disk that is currently out there, and assume ownership of
it.

We will be removing NDS from the original server and getting it out of the
Tree.
We will then install NDS on the new hardware, and this server will assume
the same name and internal IPX addresses of the original server.  The main
differences here is that it will be new hardware and a new OS (NetWare
5.1).  We will have a new volume object ID in NDS, but I don't believe that
TSM reference this.  Aside from that, the server name, volume name, and IPX
addresses will remain the same.  We plan to bring over the option files
from the original box to the new box.

It currently has TSM 4.1.3.0 client code installed.

My question is, will TSM do a full backup after this type of harware change
or  will he do a normal incremental?