ADSM-L

Re: LTO-2 Announcement by IBM

2003-01-31 09:58:24
Subject: Re: LTO-2 Announcement by IBM
From: Jan-Frode Myklebust <janfrode AT PARALLAB.UIB DOT NO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:54:18 +0100
On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 08:37:17AM -0500, Bill Boyer wrote:
> Got this from a co-worker...
>
> The LTO2 version of the 3584 has been announced - Planned Availability Date
> is Valentine's Day:
>
>         http://www.ibmlink.ibm.com/usalets&parms=H_103-004

We're in the process of buying another frame to our 3584 library with
four LTO-1 drives. The extra frame should contain 1-2 drives, and we're
considering if we should go for LTO-2 in this frame. Does anybody know
how this will work?  Will TSM be smart enough to handle the mix of
LTO-1 and LTO-2 _tapes_ correctly without any kind of partitioning?

  -jf