ADSM-L

Re: ?Can LTO replace 3590E tape for busy TSM backup/restore servi ce?

2003-01-30 18:45:02
Subject: Re: ?Can LTO replace 3590E tape for busy TSM backup/restore servi ce?
From: Orville Lantto <orville.lantto AT DATATREND DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:39:58 -0600
LTO-2 implements variable speed tape.  The drive adjusts its speed to
match the data flow.  This should be a vast improvement.

Orville L. Lantto
Datatrend Technologies, Inc.  (http://www.datatrend.com)
IBM Premier Business Partner
121 Cheshire Lane, Suite 700
Minnetonka, MN 55305
Email: Orville.Lantto AT datatrend DOT com

and privileged information. Any  unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.

"Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
01/30/2003 02:44 PM