ADSM-L

ITSM partner contact appeal

2003-01-30 14:47:50
Subject: ITSM partner contact appeal
From: Bob Booth - UIUC <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:46:45 -0600
The good news is our email appliance vendor is willing to work with TSM either
with NDMP V3 or develop a native client, the bad news is, they can't aren't
getting much response from IBM/Tivoli PartnerWorld if any.

While we wait for this company to try and hack their code in the dark, with
no help/input from Tivoli, I am told to go out and buy a Legato license for
the tune of 28K+, as a stop-gap or maybe permanent solution.  I am not
pleased.

What I am looking for are business partners, developers, or anyone that is
listening, to assist me in breaking the ice within IBM and get some help for
these people, so that I don't have to spend money my department does not
have.  I am surprised that IBM/Tivoli would not be willing to increase sales
by having yet another product branded 'Tivoli Ready', but they must have other
things on their mind...?

Anyone that is willing to help, please contact me off-of-list.  I would really
love to hear from Tivoli partner folks, or developers that are contacts on
the inside.

Thanks in advance!

Bob Booth
University of Illinois - Urbana