ADSM-L

Question on Gigabit SX 10/100/1000T

2003-01-30 14:04:55
Subject: Question on Gigabit SX 10/100/1000T
From: "PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI)" <bp3965 AT SBC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:04:13 -0600
All-

Please help me with this issue.

I am trying to connect p-630 AIX5L IGB Ethernet 10/100/1000Base T SX Card
with upto date driver at *.*.*.35 to one of the Filer (Unix/nt) for NETAPP
Storage.

But when I connect using cross over  cat5e cable light on NIC card on both
ends show as 1000 Mbps .I have kept in autoneg and other end is 1000 fdx
Autoneg. But I cant ping to each other .My TSM volumes are on NFS Netapp
disk which work with 100mbps with same card but not autoneg of 1000Mbps.

Netapp side NIC works at 1000mbps with another Nt unit.

What am I missing?

Please help .I have worked on Fibre it works .But this is UTP .
What could go wrong on my side?

Thanks I advance .

Balanand Pinni