ADSM-L

RESTORE

2003-01-30 07:38:47
Subject: RESTORE
From: Thando Ndaba <NdabaT AT SAPO.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:21:34 +0200
We are trying to restore a Sybase database  using SQL backtrack.
Background:

We had two pools. Syb1 and Syb2. We are using striping. So each
Stripe goes to its respective pool, but now we changed all that. Both
stripes are going to the same pool. This however gives a problem when it
comes to restores using SQL backtrack. Both stripes  are looking for the
same tape. One stripe will mount the tape and the other goes to a mountw
status. The restore hangs and eventually terminates whet it reaches the
timeout period.

Kind regards
Thando Ndaba
SAPO
"This e-mail is sent in terms of the following policy/disclaimer. Click on
this link http://www.sapo.co.za/mail_disclaimer.htm to read full
disclaimer."