ADSM-L

AW: Restore db - forward in time?

2003-01-30 03:44:06
Subject: AW: Restore db - forward in time?
From: Salak Juraj <j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:48:18 +0100
This is not supported but it could work.

Assuming your files still reside on your tapes(?).
Consult volume history to find out whether tapes where your data might be
has not been reused since 1/27.

The critical point is not to lose the current state,
so be sure to have working backup of DB and volhist and config,
and,
after having restored the 1/27 DB,
 disable sessions
 set all storage pools to readonly,
 enable sessions and do the restore.
Then restore of latest DB.

It is much work and still some risk,
check whether it is worth the results.

If you have never performed restore DB previously
get some help from anybody knowledgable or read
administrator manuals slowly prior starting.

Jus my 2 cents - maybe I forgot something..
regards
Juraj Salak