ADSM-L

LTO 3580 driver settings on AIX

2003-01-29 17:07:10
Subject: LTO 3580 driver settings on AIX
From: "Levinson, Donald A." <dlevinso AT ACSALASKA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:00:28 -0900
has anyone changed the default settings on their 3580 LVD SCSI tape drives
under AIX, such as block size or any of the settings on the 6205 LVD SCSI
adapter? I am looking for optimum settings for tape speed. I am using AIX
4.3.3 on a H50 with 3GB of RAM and 2 processors. I have two 3580 drives per
SCSI channel on 3 6205 adapters. my library is a scalar 1000 which is on the
end of the chain with drive0 and drive1.

thanks
Don Levinson
ACS

This transmittal may contain confidential information intended solely for
the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this transmittal in error; any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal is strictly
us immediately by reply or by telephone (collect at 907-564-1000) and ask to
speak with the message sender. In addition, please immediately delete this
message and all attachments. Thank you.