ADSM-L

Re: Restore DB - forward in time?

2003-01-29 15:47:36
Subject: Re: Restore DB - forward in time?
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:43:53 -0600
Possibly someone can tell us if it should work ... restore the database to
another implementation on the same computer (possibly with much smaller disk
needs), restore using the new server name (server2?), kind of like doing a
disaster recovery restore but onto the same machine.

Another option is using a DR server if you have one, and restore to it.

Other ideas?  Are these half baked (they are just brain storming)