ADSM-L

Re: VERY HIGH %SYS CPU

2003-01-29 05:19:30
Subject: Re: VERY HIGH %SYS CPU
From: "Broderick, Sean" <Sean.Broderick AT IRL.XEROX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:20:00 -0000
Paul and others,

Some additional details as requested are:

(i) The stgpool is approx 440GB and spread across 31* 13.5GB LUNs and 3*
72GB internal fibre attached disks. Logs and database are on totally
separate LUNs. All LUNs originating from HDS9980V and average read and write
times are 10-11ms and 2.5 ms respectively.

(ii) No paging out, 8GB memory (~6GB being used by file cache and 1.2GB
allocated to application).

(iii) Network interface is gigabit with no errors reported and throughput
tested using nttcp (results up to 690Mbps achieved). Also flow control
enabled so no rx_overflow when multiple clients transmitting data.

T'is a mystery...

Thanks
Sean