ADSM-L

Tape will not write

2003-01-28 14:08:39
Subject: Tape will not write
From: Jacque Mergens <jmergens AT EMAGEON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:08:06 -0600
I have been having picker problems with my library (IBM 3581) and have had to
replace it.  The old library set the current copy group tapes within the
library to private and access to offsite.  I have reversed these settings and
the system now loads the tape yet doesn't actually write any information to the
tape.

When performing a backup stg disk offsite the tape loads but doesn't write.

After an hour it performs an idle timeout on the process and unloads the tape.

Can anyone tell me why this is?

My system is an AIX 5.1 64bit system using TSM 4.2.2.