ADSM-L

Re: Support for backing up MSDE?

2003-01-28 13:36:34
Subject: Re: Support for backing up MSDE?
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:35:07 -0600
Tom,

What we did was use a PRE command to run the "sqlmaint" command.  That
command should be in the \Binn folder.

Try this syntax:

Binn>sqlmaint -S "MyServerName" -D "MyDatabaseName" -BkUpDB
"PathToMyBackupFolder" -BkUpMedia DISK

The utility will assign a filename.

When I pointed it at our McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator database it yielded a
backup file called:
ePO_CORP-NM1TEST_db_200211140730.BAK
which is a concatenation of the server and database names, plus the date
and time of the backup.

This utility cranks out the backup with the database UP, so there is no
downtime and no need for a restart script.

Good luck.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator
Laitram LLC