ADSM-L

TSM v.4.2.3.2 server on AIX

2003-01-28 13:15:02
Subject: TSM v.4.2.3.2 server on AIX
From: "Reiss David IT751 (ext-CDI)" <david.reiss AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:11:47 -0500
Last week, I installed the TSM v4.2.3.2 server patch on a AIX 4.3.3 ML10 box
with 2 GB RAM, a 100 GB TSM Database, with 10 GB of logspace. Come this
morning, it core dumped with a useless truncated core file and no real
messages in the errpt, activity log, or dsmserv.err file.

TSM support gave me no real things to follow up with other then watch and
see if it happens again.

We did note that TSM v.4.2.3.3 server patch was released on Friday though.
Does anybody know if there are any problems of mysterious or unexplained
crashing that existed within the 4.2.3.2 code set?

Thanks,

David N. Reiss
TSM Support Engineer
david.reiss AT siemens DOT com