ADSM-L

Move TSM to new server

2003-01-28 10:54:41
Subject: Move TSM to new server
From: "Tait, Joel" <Joel.Tait AT CCRA-ADRC.GC DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:51:12 -0500
Hi,

What is the easiest way to move TSM to another server?
I need a step-by-step process.

We want to move the DB to another server then attach the library.

I tried a database restore and received this error message, we attempting to
start TSM:

ANR9999D pkthread.c(791): ThreadId<0> Run-time assertion failed: "CmpLsn(
*pageLsnP, hdrP->updtLsn ) != LESSTHAN", Thread 0, File dblog.c, Line 1061.

The server names are not the same, but the TSM version is. The location for
the db and recovery log is in a different location.

Information:

Both servers are:
Windows 2000 AS
TSM 5.1.5.1