ADSM-L

Re: 3494 and dsmserv restore db

2003-01-27 15:35:06
Subject: Re: 3494 and dsmserv restore db
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:34:22 -0500
As a matter of fact, I had to do this last Friday to restore a Windows TSM
server.
I did exactly as described below in the support item Lloyd posted.

You edit a copy of your devconfig file as below.
Then when you run dsmserv restore db, the first thing you get is a MOUNT
message.
Put your 3494 in PAUSE, open the door, throw the tape in the drive requested
in the MOUNT message.

After the restore is done, remember to take the tape OUT of the drive.
Put back your original devconfig file and restart the server.

It was much less painful than I expected!