ADSM-L

Re: Workstation Backups and TSM

2003-01-25 07:48:17
Subject: Re: Workstation Backups and TSM
From: Rolf Meyer <rolf.meyer AT SUBNET DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 13:47:26 +0100
Hallo

On Freitag, 24. Januar 2003 21:39, Pucky, Todd M. wrote:

> For sites that do not do workstation/desktop backups:
> What is the best solution you have found for backing up end users' data?

We do backups for one of our customers only for server systems (file, appl and
database). The client have no access rights to save data to their harddisk
except on c:\temp and must use the fileserver shares.

Restore a destroyed client is just a reload of a prepared image (saves a lot
of time).

Greetings

Rolf Meyer
System Consultant