ADSM-L

Re: oh great SQL gurus..... statement for validating that all of the NT servers all have valid registry backups

2003-01-23 12:10:51
Subject: Re: oh great SQL gurus..... statement for validating that all of the NT servers all have valid registry backups
From: Kyle Payne <kpayne AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 10:55:15 -0600
This answer is only for the first points to your question:
Instead of running a select statement at all, use the ODBC link and import
the backups table into an MS Access DB.  You can then run queries to your
hearts content without any impact on your production TSM server.  I have
found a query in access to be quite a bit faster than a select in TSM.

Now, before I get slammed, I use selects in TSM all the time but when it
comes to complicated long running statements I usually decide to put the
data in access.

Kyle