ADSM-L

Re: extending archive retentions

2003-01-22 13:33:01
Subject: Re: extending archive retentions
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:25:02 -0800
Have you actually tested that ?
My understanding (from long ago) was that internally, archives are/were
stored with an ~expires on date~ or ~expires after so many days~.  A
~security~ feature... once an archive was created, that was it, no changing
it... because if you could extend a retention period, you could also shorten
it.  (but then again, an admin with sys auth would just delete the
filespace)

I might have to test that...

Dwight