ADSM-L

Re: Automating the client install on a PC?

2003-01-22 10:00:42
Subject: Re: Automating the client install on a PC?
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:58:06 +0100
$)C $)C

Hi Matt!
I got a customer who runing Wize.
And I don "% t like wize. But the customer his happy. So I don "% t care.
But the problem is that you need to know the hostname of the machine.
I have create a CMD script who need to start something like this

tsminst.cmd Nodename

And what it "% s doing is that.
He copy take out the name and create a line in DSM.OPT who says Nodename
nodename

Ex.
tsminst.cmd myserver
Add line nodename myserver to the dsm.opt file

And the cmd file look like this

--= Install Script =--

@echo off
rem Install and configure TSM Client Script
rem Ver 1.0
rem 22-01-2003
rem Made by Christian Svensson
rem Cristie Nordic AB
rem christian.svensson AT cristie DOT se

dsminst.exe -Silend commands (If you have anyone)
Echo nodename %1 > c:\node.txt
copy "c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\BaClient\dsm.opt" "c:\Program
Files\Tivoli\TSM\BaClient\dsm.txt"
copy "c:\node.txt" + "c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\BaClient\dsm.txt" "c:
\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\BaClient\dsm.opt"
del c:\node.txt
del "c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\BaClient\dsm.txt"

--= Install Script =--

This is a open source and a freeware script. So  do any changein you want
to.
But I "% m whery happy if you let my name and email be on the script you give
over to your customer

Good look. If you have any question about the script just send me a email.

Med Vanliga Halsningar/Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cristie Nordic AB
Box 2
SE-131 06 Nacka
Sweden

Phone : +46-(0)8-641 96 30
Mobil : +46-(0)70-325 15 77
eMail : christian.svensson AT cristie DOT se
MSN : issen007 AT hotmail DOT com

                      "MC Matt Cooper
                      (2838)" <Matt.            To:       "'Christian.Svensson
AT cristie DOT se'" <Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se>
                      Cooper@amgreetings        cc:
                      .com>                     Subject:  RE: Automating the
client install on a PC?

                      2003-01-22 15:14

Cristie,

            Our standard DSM.OPT is

PASSWORDACCESS   GENERATE

TCPSERVERADDRESS     162.133.57.252

schedlogr 7

errorlogr 7

backupr no

            We control a lot with clientoption set.   I am not sure what
you mean by the silent string.  I do know that the people dealing with that
are using some product called  !. wise !/  that they  !. package !/  the
install.  They
say that that works fine.  Their problem is doing the configuration after
it is done with the  !. silent install !/ .

Matt