ADSM-L

Re: How to Run a Schedule on the first Saturday of each month.

2003-01-21 11:23:12
Subject: Re: How to Run a Schedule on the first Saturday of each month.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:22:12 -0500
> Please instruct me on how to setup a schedule which
> runs only on the first Saturday of each month. I find
> the schedule options somewhat unclear.

The TSM scheduler unfortunately does not support that kind of spec.
Your posting neglected to say what kind of schedule: Client or Admin
but most likely mean Client.

Here's what I'm thinking of (haven't tried it, but seems logical):
You define an Admin schedule to run every first of the month, in like the first
few minutes of the first day, whose CMD is a Define Schedule for the client
schedule, where the client schedule is to run "every Saturday".
So that Admin sched creates your client sched, which necessarily runs on the
first Saturday.
You define a second Admin sched, to run every Saturday after the client
schedule, to do a Delete Schedule to remove that client schedule.  (It only
exists on the first Saturday - no big deal.)
Result: A client schedule which runs every first Saturday of the month.

A variation would be to have the first-of-month admin schedule activate the
subject schedule, and the later-every-Saturday second admin schedule deactivate
the subject schedule, which is most readily performed where the subject schedule
is Admin type (ACTIVE=Yes/No); but you could alter an existing Client schedule
in various ways to effectively cripple it.

Unless I didn't get enough sleep last night, that should work for you.

  Richard Sims, BU    ("Think molecular, not atomic.")