ADSM-L

Re: Can a backup be stopped if not completed by a certain time?

2003-01-21 08:56:56
Subject: Re: Can a backup be stopped if not completed by a certain time?
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 05:51:37 -0800
You can look into two server options that can cancel a session if is isn't
getting X amount of data transfered after Y period of time.
THROUGHPUTDATA- THRESHOLD Specifies a throughput threshold that a client
session must reach to prevent
being cancelled after the time threshold is reached.
THROUGHPUTTIME- THRESHOLD Specifies the time threshold for a session after
which it may be cancelled for
low throughput.

Say you have a 120 GB data base, and you expect 40 GB/hr transfer rate thus
it should finish in 3 hours...
throughputtimethreshold 180    (minutes)
throughputdatathreshold 11650     (KB/sec)

So if my math is right, the above would cancel ANY client session after 3
hours IF it wasn't running at 40 GB/hr.

NOTE the ANY client session...
        I don't know if there is anything on the client side to do the same
sort of thing.

Dwight E. Cook
Software Application Engineer III
509 S. Boston Ave.  Suite 220