ADSM-L

Re: Problems with TSM AIX server V5.1.5.4

2003-01-20 04:59:32
Subject: Re: Problems with TSM AIX server V5.1.5.4
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 04:48:39 +0200
AFAIK the values must be exact multiply of and not just over the values
stated. Especially the max_coalesce parameter might cause some grief.
Their description is in Appendix D of redbook "Monitoring and Managing IBM
SSA Disk Subsystems" (SG24-5251-00). The book contains also other useful
hints.

To lower them you have two options:
-       varyoffvg against the group using those PV hdisks
-       if not possible (usually for rootvg) - use chdev with -P flag (or
corresponding smitty option) and reboot. The flag instructs AIX to behave
like Windows - update the value in the ODM and wait for reboot to use it.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
16.01.2003 16:08