ADSM-L

volume won't mount

2003-01-17 11:56:06
Subject: volume won't mount
From: Peter Ford <PFord AT STENTOR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:55:36 -0800
I have a volume that won't mount in my library.  TSM seems to think that it
knows the volume as q vol, q libvol, and show slots all return the same
information about the volume, with it in our 3584 library.  The volume is
ReadOnly and not in an error state.  However, when I try to restore data from
the volume, it will not mount and I get the error:

01/16/2003 12:02:20  ANR8304E Time out error on drive GENDRV_TAPE3 (\\.\TAPE3)
in library LB0.1.0.2.
01/16/2003 12:02:46  ANR1401W Mount request denied for volume XXXXXX - mount
failed.

Does anyone know why this would not be able to mount, despite TSM appearing to
have the volume in the library?  Why is this request denied?

Thanks!
Peter

    Peter Ford
    System Engineer