ADSM-L

Re: Missed Backup

2003-01-17 10:24:30
Subject: Re: Missed Backup
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:21:23 +0100

Hi Gill!
If you runing polling I can understand why you got this problem.
Becuse the client is ask for his Scheduler every 12h. (Standard)
What you can do is change it to 1h. Then he take your changes after a
houre.
And he automaticly takes your changeing when you have done it.

But if you runing Prompted. Then I don´t understand why. Becuse the server
is puching out the command to the client.
And the Client have no idea which domain / scheduler he is in to.

I hope you understan. If not.
I try to have better English. ;-)

Med Vänliga Hälsningar/Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cristie Nordic AB
Box 2
SE-131 06 Nacka
Sweden

Phone : +46-(0)8-641 96 30
Mobil : +46-(0)70-325 15 77
eMail : christian.svensson AT cristie DOT se
MSN : issen007 AT hotmail DOT com

                      "Gill, Geoffrey
                      L." <GEOFFREY.L.         To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>           cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Missed Backup
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager" <ADSM-
                      L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                      2003-01-17 16:09
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

TSM Server AIX 4.3.3
TSM Server Software 5.1.5.2

Why is it that anytime a client is removed from a schedule and added to a
different one the backup is missed? This always happens from my
recollection. No matter what the server version I have been it's happened.
The only way I've seen around this is to stop and start the scheduler on
the
client after the client has been assigned to the new schedule.
Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154

GIF image

GIF image