ADSM-L

Unable to restore entire directory structure

2003-01-15 13:44:28
Subject: Unable to restore entire directory structure
From: Sonya Gilliland <SGilliland AT CARILION DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:25:57 -0500
We are currently using TSM version 5.1.5.2 to backup our N-class servers
running HP-UX 11.00. In order to test restores, we are attempting to
restore backups to a virtual node and have found that we are unable to
restore the entire directory structure. For
example, on the system being backed up, the following Directory  exists
- /var/opt/oracle/lawtest with several sub directories and files.  When
attempting to restore the entire directory structure to another node,
only a sub directory will be restored with no files and not all sub
directories will be restored even though each
directory is selected in the restore. The directories to be backup are
specified in the dsm.opt file as domain /var/opt/oracle/lawtest/arch,
domain /var/opt/oracle/lawtest/data1, domain
/var/opt/oracle/lawtest/index1 ... etc. Does anyone have any suggestions
on restoring the entire directory structure?