ADSM-L

changed passwordaccess to prompt, now web client agent won't work

2003-01-15 11:46:35
Subject: changed passwordaccess to prompt, now web client agent won't work
From: Michelle DeVault <adsmigmo AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:45:08 -0800
AIX server 4.2.2.12
AIX client 4.1
I have had to temporarily change passwordaccess from
generate to prompt on one of my AIX client machines.
The scheduler process is running fine, as long as I
start it and supply the password.  However, the web
client access (dsmcad) process is giving me fits.

I stopped and restarted the dsmcad process, and
according to the manual there is not a password
option.  However, when the Backup/Archive Web client
will give an error:

   ANS26046 The web client agent was unable to
   authenticate with the server.

The dsmwebcl.log file gives:

01/15/03   10:40:26 (dsmagent) ANS1835E PASSWORDACCESS
is GENERATE, but password needed for server 'TSMSRVR'.
01/15/03   10:40:26 (dsmagent) Either the password is
not stored locally, or it was changed at the server.
01/15/03   10:40:26 (dsmagent) Authentication
failureANS3003I Session ended for user .

What gives?  I HAVE passwordaccess set to prompt in
dsm.sys.  Where is it looking to think that
passwordaccess is still set to generate?

Thanks for any help
M.