ADSM-L

Re: Non-empty volume with no content

2003-01-15 02:29:21
Subject: Re: Non-empty volume with no content
From: Paul Ripke <pripke AT CSC.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:19:56 +1000
Thanks, guys. As it happened, I had two tapes in this state. "AUDIT VOL"
wanted to mount, so a recalled the tapes onsite. Ran an "AUDIT VOL" on the
first one, no apparent change. Ran "MOVE DATA" on a whim. Said it moved
stuff, but still no apparent change. Ran "AUDIT VOL" again, which returned:
    ANR2334W Missing or incorrect information detected by AUDIT
      VOLUME for volume SP0209 - information will be created or corrected.
and left the volume in an empty status. "DELE VOL" and all was happy for
that tape. Went to do something similar on the second tape and discovered
a reclamation had kicked off and cleaned it up automagically. I'm not going
to even try to understand what happened...

Cheers,
Paul Ripke
UNIX/OpenVMS Sysadmin
CSC, Port Kembla 2502, NSW, Australia
Phone +61 2 4275 4101
Fax +61 2 4275 7801
Mobile +61 419 432 517
101 reasons why you can't find your Sysadmin:
68. It's 9 AM. He/she is not working that late.
-- Koos van den Hout

This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use by the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information and
may also be the subject of legal privilege. Any personal information
contained in this email is not to be used or disclosed for any purpose
other than the purpose for which you have received it. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained
in it. In this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message
permanently from your system and destroy any copies.