ADSM-L

Re: FW: TDP for Oracle, tdpoconf, cannot change password ??

2003-01-13 20:33:55
Subject: Re: FW: TDP for Oracle, tdpoconf, cannot change password ??
From: Jin Bae Chi <Jbaechi AT CSCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:34:07 -0500
You may try to upd node with new password for tpd for Oracle and run again
tdpconf passw. I had a similar problem before and it worked for me. Good luck.

Gus

>>> Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU 01/13/03 04:59PM >>>
Maybe you have to do the tdpoconf password again.

Neal V. Adams
SLAC Computing Services -- Systems Group
phone:  650-926-2821
fax:    650-926-3329
email:  neal AT slac.stanford DOT edu

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Prather, Wanda wrote:

> OK, this must be simple, but we can't figure it out.
>
> We have TDP for Oracle NT 2.2 on a WIN2K client.  .
> We have been backing up successfully with it for a long time to an AIX TSM
> server.
>
> NOW we want to MOVE this client to a new Windows TSM server we are
> implementing.
>
> We have changed the TDP dsm.opt file to point to the new TSM server.
>
> But when we run tdpoconf to reset the password on the client to the NEW
TSM
> server, tdpoconf returns "ANS1025E (RC137) session rejected:
Authentication
> failure".
>
> The connection is made to the NEW TSM server, and enough information gets
> exchanged that the new server shows the client node as being TDP for
Oracle