ADSM-L

Re: label/checkin libvolume

2003-01-13 16:25:30
Subject: Re: label/checkin libvolume
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 16:23:45 -0500
Your removing and doing audit is quickest and probably
best way.  Then put them in the Bulk i/o as originally
and use label libvol with "checkin=scratch".  That
will do it.

David Longo

>>> PFord AT STENTOR DOT COM 01/13/03 04:16PM >>>

Dwight-

Thank you for the reply.  I did try deleting them, but they are not
part of a storage pool, so they cannot be "deleted" (and there is no
"delete libvolume" command).  I updated a couple of the volumes to
scratch, just as a test.  After updating them, I tried:  "label libvol
<LIBNAME> search=yes checkl=barcode checkin=scr overwrite=yes
volrange=<vol1>,<vol2>".  However, TSM reports 0 volumes labelled and
exits with "Success".

The only other thing I can think to do is to go to the library and
physically remove them.  Once removed, audit the library to show TSM
that they are no longer in the library. Then, load them back in and
check them in correctly.

Any other ideas?  Thanks.
Peter

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 01/13/2003 04:25:26 PM
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential,
proprietary, or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or
privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this
message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your
system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of
this message if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the
right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or
opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the individual sender,
except (1) where the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a
particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such
views or opinions.