ADSM-L

Re: Two schedules

2003-01-13 11:59:06
Subject: Re: Two schedules
From: Jacque Mergens <jmergens AT EMAGEON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:58:32 -0600
This platform is AIX 5.1 ml2
TSM Server 4.2.2 AIX
TSM Client 4.2.3 AIX

This client coexists on the server.

I have tried to implement this by using the following script:

### Begin Script

DSM_DIR=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/darc-db
DSM_CONFIG=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/darc-db/dsm.opt
export DSM_DIR DSM_CONFIG

/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmcad

### End script

My dsm.opt is as follows
servername tsm
domain /opt/datbase

My dsm.sys is as follows
   servername tsm
   commmethod tcpip
   TCPServeraddress   remus
   TCPClientport      1586
   passwordaccess     generate
   schedmode          prompted
*   inclexcl           /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/darc-db/inclexcl.txt
   schedlogname       /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/darc-db/dsmsched.log
   errorlogname       /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/darc-db/dsmerror.log
   schedlogretention  2
   errorlogretention  7
   ManagedServices    Schedule WebClient
   Tcpwindowsize      64
*   Tcpbufsize         32
   txnbytelimit       25600
   largecommbuffers   yes
*   resourceutilization 10
nodename darc-db

Although the client comes up alright and the paths to the log files
seem to be working, when I try to contact the server, I come up as
the original node and cannot get past the initial authorization.

The Tcpclientport doesn't get picked up (even when the 1581 port is
used...  It goes to 1582) and I can't seem to get the server to talk
with the client.

Any help would be appreciated.